When looking for style inspiration or DIY ideas, Pinterest is the place to go. But when it comes time to purchase what you find, things get a little tricky. That is why Pinterest is rolling out new features to make buying and selling a whole lot easier. If you’re looking for new ways to connect your brand with the right customers (and drive more sales), here are 5 ways Pinterest can help:
- Shop by brand: Pinterest is adding a dedicated section from brands to appear beneath product pins.
- Personalized shopping recommendations: Pinterest will show related “in-stock” items alongside style, home, beauty or DIY boards. Users can click the pin to go straight to check-out on the retailer’s site.
- Catalogs: Upload your entire product catalog and turn your products into dynamic product pins.
- Shopping Ads: These ads are now available to all advertisers through Ads Manager and make it easier for users to shop related items.
- Shopping Search: Shopping results appear on the top of the home feed when users search for certain products.
What this means for marketers: Pinterest found a solution for the key problem of users not being able to find where to purchase products. Taking advantage of these new features allows advertisers to spread awareness about their brand, while making it easier for users to purchase their products. So, when creating your next social media strategy, don’t just think about the goals of your brand, but also the goals and mindset of your customers.