Harmelin Digital Contributer: Eve Vitale
When considering an email marketing campaign, it is imperative that advertisers consider mobile first. As we know, mobile devices have become an integral part of many day-to-day tasks. Per Cynthia Price, VP of Marketing at Emma – a provider of best-in-class email marketing software, 53% of all emails are opened on a mobile phone. Marketers who are not doing everything they can to optimize their mobile strategy are missing out on a huge opportunity.
What this means for marketers: Whether we are responsible for designing creative or placing media, Emma Marketing says there are five ways marketers can use consumers’ mobile addiction to better reach their customers:
- Enhance the buyers’ overall journey, not just their email experience: This includes the consumer journey across marketing channels, from emails to landing pages to shopping carts.
- Make it relevant, personal, and on time-every time: Marketers have access to so much information. Find ways to utilize & leverage your own subscriber data (open rates, time of day, time spent, content, etc).
- Keep mobile design trends top of mind: Design for a small screen first! This includes text size, scrolling, and preview text.
- Go big and bold (but clean and simple): Consider less text and more visuals in your messaging.
- Get creative with content: As technology becomes more innovative, we as marketers must find ways to stay on top of the latest trends and keep users engaged.
When a client requests an email marketing campaign, Harmelin will keep these strategies in mind and recommend mobile first to extend consumer reach.