Media Account Manager (ADMI- Chicago, IL)
Harmelin Media is a full-service media planning and buying agency headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Over the past thirty-five years, we have grown into one of the largest independent media agencies with over $500 million in annual billings.
Our growth has been driven by our commitment to our clients, our employees and our community. We pride ourselves on customizing strategy to each client and evolving roles to fit each employee’s strengths. The proof is in the unparalleled tenure of both our clients and our staff.
If you are looking for a career that offers opportunities to forge a strategic vision, innovate through technology or nurture a client relationship in the advertising industry, Harmelin is interested in learning more about you!
Harmelin Media is looking for two Media Account Managers to open its new office in the Chicago area and to serve on the Aspen Dental Management Inc. (ADMI) account. The Media Account Managers will play a critical role in ensuring a successful client relationship by ensuring the smooth operation of day-to-day account activities. In this role, you will be directly interfacing with both the ADMI marketing team (located in Chicago) and the Harmelin ADMI account team (located in Philadelphia).
The role will involve addressing daily account service needs, participating in client meetings, coordinating strategic media plans and optimizing recommendations with the account team, developing new office opening media recommendations and reviewing daily client call and appointment volumes driven by media. Primary focus will be on the Aspen Dental Brand with secondary support for WellNow Urgent Care, Turning Point, and Aspen Employment Recruiting.
ADMI Account Manager Responsibilities:
This role will be fast-paced and will incorporate the following areas:
- Relationship Building & Nurturing – You will serve as primary client contact and as the “face of Harmelin” for ADMI. You are directly responsible for ensuring a successful relationship by delivering a superb client experience with every interaction. You will proactively maintain client relationships, anticipate needs, and be reactive and responsive. You will become the conduit between ADMI and the Harmelin team; having a good working relationship on both ends is a must. You will be working with agency colleagues to devise media plans and buys that meet the client’s marketing goals and budget.
- Communication – The work is fast-paced, and you will be responsible for communicating details of campaigns. You will be presenting strategic media plans, buys, digital reports, TV posts and other reports to clients for approval or modification, monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns, undertaking administrative tasks as well as arranging and attending meetings. Ensuring that communication flows effectively between all stakeholders is a must.Additionally, you will update weekly status reports and contribute to managing the overall client conversation and strategy.
- As Harmelin’s initial employees in the Chicago market, you will have an opportunity to establish our company’s presence in the Midwest and increase our opportunity for company growth. This Chicago Account Manager role requires a candidate who is outgoing and social, who can adapt to new situations and succeed with minimal direct support and supervision.
- Engage with Chicago-based ad clubs and federations
- Maintain contact with management at Philadelphia headquarters, including a minimum of four in-person visits to Philadelphia annually
- Prospect new clients with support and direction from Harmelin’s New Business Team
- May require some office management and management of local staff as necessary
You should have a strong commitment to client satisfaction with the following qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in a client service/account management and media planning role in a media or advertising agency.Note that experience managing multiple client stakeholders AND, and media experience is required
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Excellent numerical aptitude to manage budgets, invoicing, tracking and cash flow
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and have a positive, proactive attitude
- Ability and desire to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and assimilate largequantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail
- Effective prioritization skills, excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (esp. Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to spend a week in Philadelphia in the beginning of your employment for training and be able to travel to Philadelphia approximately four times per year.
- Occasional travel to client office in Syracuse required.
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Harmelin Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.