The role of a Media Assistant is to learn the basic principles of media planning and buying by assisting in the research, development, and implementation of media plans and buys under the direct supervision of experienced media professionals. At the Media Assistant level, all work that is produced must be reviewed and approved by your supervisor or qualified senior staff.
- Provide general administrative support to the media team
- Review and reconcile media invoices using the company billing system
- Support the planning and buying processes
- Handle buy maintenance as required
- Learn the basics of Strata View and SBMS
- Interact with media sales representatives as directed by senior staff
- Attend meetings, training sessions and conference calls as required
- Assist in competitive analyses
- Attend company training sessions
- Keep informed of relevant issues affecting the advertising industry
- Other duties may be assigned as is deemed necessary to meet company needs
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Basic quantitative and analytical skills
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Creative Thinker
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proactive in seeking out new assignments
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
Harmelin Media job descriptions are written as a topline summary of the role and expectations at each title. Each employee faces a unique set of tasks based on their team/department/account type. Employees should meet regularly with their Vice President to formulate a custom career path. These discussions can happen during the annual performance review; mid-year check in or anytime throughout the year. It is in this discussion that an employee and Vice President can establish goals and an expected timeframe for advancement.
If you are interested, email email@example.com to apply.