Media Data Analyst
Harmelin Media is a fast-paced, growing company seeking an experienced Media Data Analyst. The position would entail providing strategic data analysis and insight for one of our largest accounts. The role is highly collaborative- you will work closely with AEs, planners, activation, insights, business intelligence, and the reporting & analytics teams. The position will also interface regularly with clients via email, phone, and conference call, as well as face-to-face meetings and presentations. Additionally, you will be in close contact with those activating the media plans. The Analyst will support project development cycles, specifically in organizing, assembling and assessing media, business, and environmental data.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver, highly motivated, and adaptable to the ever-changing media world – one who has a background in strategic media planning with a passion for analyzing data to identify business trends, opportunities and challenges. He or she is a self-starter with a proactive nature who seeks out new and better means to getting the job accomplished. He or shemust also possess the ability to translate diverse and complicated digital concepts into actionable business themes and be comfortable communicating these to clients.
This ideal candidate will have experience working on data/results driven campaigns. They’ll have the opportunity to immerse themselves in our clients’ business and work cohesively with the account team.
Title and salary for position to be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The role will incorporate the following key responsibilities:
- Identify client needs and translate business goals into clear actionable media measurement plan
- Collaborate with Reporting & Analysis team to design and develop elegant data visualizations
- Work with the account team to analyze the client’s business and sales results data, with an eye to driving incremental business results by leveraging media strategies
- Author detailed analysis and business/media implications of data sets; collaborate with strategic planners to recommend optimizations by channel and across channel for most maximum impact
- Deliver presentations detailing actionable insights and strategic media recommendations
- Audit new and existing reports, reconcile data and verify classification schemes for completeness and accuracy
- Participate in both internal meetings, as well as external client meetings and calls
- Prepare ad hoc analysis solutions and quickly respond to client questions on-the-fly
You should have a strong commitment to client satisfaction and these areas of expertise:
- Solid understanding of the various media channels: video/TV, audio, search, social, programmatic, print and OOH
- Ability to collaborate and build intra-agency relationships
- Comfortable speaking to mid- and high-level client contacts
- Project management skills; effective prioritization and organizational skills
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e. pivot tables, vlookup, nested formulas)
- Familiarity with Tableau, Domo, etc.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint with an aptitude for creating compelling visuals
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, assimilate large quantities of information quickly while maintaining attention to detail
- Highly motivated, positive demeanor, ability to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
- BS or BA with emphasis on Business or Analytics
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
ABOUT HARMELIN MEDIA
Harmelin Media is a full-service media planning and buying agency located in Bala Cynwyd, PA. Over the past thirty-five years, we have grown into one of the largest independent media agencies with over $700 million in annual billings.
Our growth has been driven by our commitment to our clients, our employees and our community. We pride ourselves on customizing strategy to each client and evolving roles to fit each employee’s strengths. The proof is in the unparalleled tenure of both our clients and our staff.
If you are looking for a career that offers opportunities to forge a strategic vision, innovate through technology or nurture a client relationship in the advertising industry, Harmelin is interested in learning more about you!
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.