Media Research Analyst
Harmelin Media is looking for an experienced media research professional to join our Insight team. This position involves assisting Harmelin staff members with media research requests and generating and analyzing various research options that may have a major impact on media plans and buys.
Ideal candidates will be curious and knowledgeable about media measurement and data trends, with the ability to work independently, summarizing information to internal and external stakeholders in an easily understood manner. Attention to detail is important as well as having a resourceful and creative approach to problem solving and applying research of all types in response to client requests/questions.
- Utilize the various research programs and databases that Harmelin Media licenses to independently fulfill research requests
- Explain and present the results and strategy that went into creating the research output
- Develop a story for the research so that it is easily understood by Harmelin staff and/or clients
- Explain the different research methodologies/techniques used by the database/software providers
- Update/download the Insight Group research library with various reports issued daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually from Harmelin research vendors such as Nielsen
- Maintain knowledge of all Harmelin Media syndicated research
- Know/learn various Excel functions needed for research such as V-Lookup and pivot tables
- Learn the basics of Harmelin Media’s mapping program, including how to download data through the US Census and other sources of information
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company needs
- Minimum 2 years of related media research experience
- Basic understanding of Harmelin-licensed syndicated research, such as Kantar, Scarborough, STRATA, and Telmar
- Enthusiasm for research data
- Proficiency in math
- Detail oriented
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
About Harmelin Media:
Harmelin Media is a full-service media planning and buying agency located in Bala Cynwyd, PA. Over the past thirty-five+ years, we have grown into one of the largest independent media agencies with over $700 million in annual billings.
Our growth has been driven by our commitment to our clients, our employees and our community. We pride ourselves on customizing strategy to each client and evolving roles to fit each employee’s strengths. The proof is in the unparalleled tenure of both our clients and our staff.
If you are looking for a career that offers opportunities to forge a strategic vision, innovate through technology or nurture a client relationship in the advertising industry, Harmelin is interested in learning more about you!
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.