Strategist, Programmatic Media
Harmelin Media is seeking a Programmatic Media Trader to join our digital activation team. Our digital activation team is focused on software based buying, across programmatic display/video, search, and social media. We are big thinkers and fast movers, and we hope you are too. We are looking for talent with 1-2 years of hands-on experience with developing and managing programmatic media campaigns utilizing a demand-side platform across display, video, and mobile.
In this critical role, the Programmatic Media Trader will design, launch, and manage campaigns using Harmelin’s demand-side platforms. The Programmatic Media Trader will work directly with other internal teams to understand and implement campaign requirements, manage optimization within and across campaigns to meet client objectives, and translate the resulting performance and insights back out to internal stakeholders. A Programmatic Media Trader should not only have strong analytic skills but excellent communication skills to impart critical information.
Our ideal candidate is a problem solver, inquisitive by nature, and adaptable to the ever-changing media world. They are optimistic, proactive, and they seek out new and better ways to get things done.
Title and salary for position to be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Role & Responsibilities:
Your role will incorporate the following key responsibilities:
- Platform-based media buying across Harmelin’s demand-side platforms and YouTube, along with other Google display products
- Design and build campaign, including requirements for success and optimal use of Harmelin’s demand-side platforms
- Execute and oversee day-to-day performance across campaigns and supply sources, including monitoring, identifying and implementing optimizations
- Work with Account team to understand goals, address client needs, and communicate results and insights back to clients
- Work with the Reporting & Analysis team to facilitate reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Work with internal Ad Operations and Business Intelligence teams to design and implement new capabilities (e.g., new supply & data sources, new media measurement techniques, etc.)
- Provide subject matter expertise to Harmelin teams and clients, including joining Account meetings
- Keep informed of relevant issues affecting the digital landscape
- Other duties may be assigned as is deemed necessary to meet company needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year programmatic in-platform buying experience
- Experience in a digital media role with a marketing company or advertising agency preferred
- Basic understanding of other digital advertising channels preferred (e.g. search, social, non-platform display, etc.)
- Solid understanding of leading DSP Technology, such as Display & Video 360 (Google), Adobe (TubeMogul), MediaMath, The Trade Desk
- In-platform experience with other software based buying channels is a plus (i.e. Ad Words, Bing, Facebook, Kenshoo)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail; excellent problem-solving skills; strategic mindset
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment while working on projects independently
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- AFLAC and Flex Spending Accounts
- EOY medical reimbursement
- Health Advocate healthcare assistance program
- Fitness club reimbursement
- Professional and personal development allowance
- Legal services and identity theft protection
- Family owned business founded in 1982. One of the largest independent media service firms in the United State, but the family feel and personal touch of a smaller business.
- Full service media planning and buying agency founded on traditional media but has fully embracing the digital space with a team of 70+ digital media specialists.
- Job security, pure and simple. Harmelin Media doesn’t subscribe to the “Last one in, first one out” philosophy. Employees grow their careers at Harmelin Media.
- Reasonable hours. Harmelin will never chain you to your desk and encourages employees to grow their interests outside of the workplace.
- Diverse client list across numerous verticals: Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Travel/Tourism, Healthcare, Education, Pharma, Entertainment, Finance, etc.
- Account ownership in a collaboration structure which allows for immediate impact on campaign performance and overall client satisfaction.
If you are interested, email email@example.com to apply.